Sunday, September 21, 2008

Former member of City Council trusts, supports Lioneld Jordan

Lioneld Jordan — our next mayor
Northwest Arkansas Times
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008
Email this story | Printer-friendly version
I support Lioneld Jordan for mayor because he will open up city government to the citizens of Fayetteville and continue to bring diverse groups together. As a member of the Fayetteville City Council, he has invited developers to ward meetings where concerns of citizens can be addressed before they become controversial. Lioneld continuously asks people's opinions about issues facing the city while he is deciding how he will vote on the subject. One of the other candidates for mayor has been saying that Lioneld is not polished enough or that he is not sophisticated enough to be mayor. I wonder if that candidate thinks Lioneld would not be able to misrepresent things and mislead the public about issues important of Fayetteville. Having served with Lioneld Jordan on the City Council, I know that when Lioneld makes a decision on what he thinks is best for Fayetteville he will tell you how he will vote, and that's what he's going to do because he is not "polished "enough to speak out of both sides of his mouth. When talk turns to economic development, whether it is land development or business and industrial recruitment, one key factor that is always mentioned is that these people want to know what is expected of them if they come to Fayetteville. I have heard too many times "I just need to know where I stand with the city and what I am supposed to do. "These people will not have a problem knowing what they must do or where they stand with Lioneld. I know I stand with Lioneld Jordan for mayor. Cyrus Young Fayetteville

No comments: